Summer may be around the corner, but there’s plenty to do in NOLA this month!
Have a look below at a selection of our top activities for May, to fully embrace everything on offer in New Orleans this month:
Here are 25 awesome things to do this April in NOLA:
1-3. Take advantage of brunch season!
It doesn’t matter if you’re looking for a bottomless brunch, or enchanting outdoor dining, NOLA has it all. Not to mention they’re perfect for Mother’s Day! Here’s some of our favorite brunches in New Orleans:
- Commander’s Palace: For a luxurious treat, head to Commander’s Palace for their incredible Jazz Brunch featuring Joe Simon’s Jazz Trio.
- Apolline: For an OTT Bloody Mary that’ll have you itching to return, head to Apolline!
- Antoine’s: New Orleans’ oldest restaurant has caught on to the modern trend of bottomless brunches.
4-5. Candlelight Concerts
Candlelight offer several different concerts, dedicated to anything from Vivaldi to Jazz. Here’s what’s going on this month:
For a bit of history and fantasy, make sure you visit the Bearegard-Keyes House. Become acquainted with 200 years of New Orleans history as you tour an 1826 French Quarter house museum. There’s even a gorgeous courtyard and side rose garden, to truly soak in that springtime fresh air.
7-10. NOLA’s Unique Dining Experiences
Speaking of unique dining experiences, New Orleans is home to a revolving bar, church restaurant, and so much more. Make it a night to a remember at these restaurants and bars:
- Dinner Detective – At The Dinner Detective, you’ll tackle a hilarious and challenging crime while you feast on a fantastic dinner.
- Carousel Bar -New Orleans’ most haunted hotels is home to the city’s famous revolving Carousel Bar.
- LOLA – Restaurant in a converted historic train.
- Vessel – Have an intimate dinner at this 100-year-old church.
For gators and a thrilling time in the swamps around New Orleans, check out this radical experience. Feel the wind in your hair as your move swiftly over the wetlands by airboat.
12-14. Live music is back!
Considering that live music is back to a more normal vibration in New Orleans, we thought we’d round up some of the best places to enjoy live music in the city. There’s no place like home, and jazz is finally back where it belongs.
- The Spotted Cat (Marigny)
- The Jazz Playhouse (French Quarter)
- Snug Harbor Jazz Bistro (French Quarter)
JAMNOLA is a new immersive museum, with exhibitions exploring the culture of the city. Using interactive art pieces, lights, and music, watch New Orleans come to life. You can even snap up a selfie with a crawfish in their bathtub!
16-19. Eat out on a New Orleans courtyard!
There are so many incredible places to eat in New Orleans. But now that the days are getting warmer, longer, and brighter, why not enjoy your meal out in that Louisiana air? Here’s some of our favorite eateries with the best outdoor dining options.
- Broussard’s (French Quarter)
- Station 6 (Metairie)
- Cafe Amelie (French Quarter)
- The Elysian Bar (Marigny)
20. Studio Be
Studio BE is a 35,000 sq ft warehouse in the Bywater neighborhood of New Orleans. What’s special about this place is that there’s spray-painted art scattered throughout, telling the stories of revolutionaries, heroes and everyday New Orleanians.
21-23. Grab a Sno-Ball
The summer cool-off staple, the snow-cone, isn’t just for summer in New Orleans! We can’t get enough of the frozen confection from the moment spring begins! Considering spring is in full bloom, what are you waiting for NOLA? Here’s some of our favorites:
- Hansen’s Sno Blitz (West Riverside)
- SNO-LA Sno-Balls (Metairie)
- Sal’s Sno Balls (Metairie)
24. Go strawberry picking!
Mrs. Heather’s Strawberry Farm has been a great attraction and place for kids as well as adults for more than decades in the Hammond & Albany area. When you visit the farm during strawberry season, you’ll get to enjoy fresh & delicious strawberries and all the fun activities on offer!
25. Take a hike, New Orleans!
With so much natural beauty in Louisiana, make the most of it in this gorgeous, springtime weather! Check out our favorite hikes in and around New Orleans.