About Krewe of Boo Parade
This parade started in 2007 as a fundraiser for Hurricane Katrina relief. It was a success, and after several years it was brought back by popular demand in 2013. Every year it gets spookier!
Enjoy a whole night of scary floats and Halloween-themed dances surrounded by the mysterious and unique ambiance you can only feel in a city like New Orleans.
There are many ways to be part of this krewe. Join over a thousand participants, including marching bands, dance troupes, and walking krewes. Toss throws to tens of thousands of people along the three-mile parade route through the picturesque French Quarter. Don’t forget to put on your craziest Halloween costume!
What’s going on this year
Friday’s events begin with the Royal Luncheon to the Jazz Second Line through the French Quarter to an afternoon Happy Hour at Pat O’Brien’s, ending with the Captain’s Party Friday Night.
Saturday starts with the early morning New Orleans Zombie Run through the Warehouse District. Paraders will line up in the afternoon, and the Krewe of Boo Parade will roll at sundown. It will all end with a costume bash at the post-para afterparty, The Monster Mash. Check out more details here.
2022 Krewe of Boo Parade Route
- Assemble at Elysian Fields Avenue
- Parade down Elysian Fields Avenue to North Peters Street
- North Peters Street to Decatur Street
- Decatur Street past Jackson Square to North Peters Street
- North Peters Street to Canal Street
- Up Canal to Burgundy then U-turn
- Down Canal Street to Tchoupitoulas Street+Tchoupitoulas Street to Andrew Higgins Drive
When: Saturday, October 22, 2022
Where: Start at Elysian Fields Avenue
Featured image by Krewe of Boo @kreweofboo