We’ve made a list of 17 things you can do in New Orleans this September:
1. Get decadent at the Southern Decadence Festival
Also known as Gay Mardi Gras begins this September 1 and runs through September 5. The festival includes costume contests, parading through the French Quarter, and block parties. Most of the events are free.
2-8. Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month by eating tacos
¡Qué delicia! There’s nothing better than Hispanic food. Celebrate this month by eating at any of these taco restaurants in NOLA:
- Paco’s Tacos
- El Taco Loco
- Taqueria Chilangos
- Catty Shack Tex Mex
- Rosalita’s Backyard Tacos
- Taqueria Corona
- Artisan Bar and Cafe
9-13. Listen to live music on Thursdays at Twilight
Thursdays at Twilight – featuring music and mint juleps – will continue at the Pavilion of the Two Sisters through November.
Here’s the music schedule for September:
- September 1 – NOLA String Kings
- September 8 – New Leviathan Oriental Fox Trot Orchestra
- September 15 – Wanda Rouzan and A Taste of New Orleans
- September 29 – The Yat Pack
14. Go laugh with Chris Rock at his show at the Saenger Theatre
Chris Rock is bringing comedy back to New Orleans this month for his 2022 Ego Death World Tour. His first show is scheduled for September 30.
15. Have a delicious beignet at the Beignet Festival
Eat every type of beignet (sweet and salty) while listening to live music at the Beignet Fest. The profits are donated to a good cause!
When: September 24
16. Celebrate Halloween in September at The Mortuary
Looking for a Halloween tradition that will petrify you? Don’t miss the city’s most popular self-guided, dark attraction. We’re talking about one of NOLA’s well-known haunted houses, “The Mortuary.” This blood-curdling spectacle opened its doors in 2007 and has been scaring locals and tourists ever since. It will be open from September 24.
17. Listen to enchanting performances at these Candlelit concerts
Calm your mind and experience fantastic music in a new light with these sensational concerts by candlelight in some of New Orleans’ most beautiful venues. Here are some of the ones that will take place this month:
Featured image by Tim Turner from Shutterstock.